The Irish Association of Respiratory Scientists is the representative body of professionals working in the field of pulmonary function and sleep assessment and measurement in Ireland. Our members are employed throughout both the public and private health systems.
The aims of the I.A.R.S. are:
- To advance the practice and delivery of respiratory measurement services in Ireland
- To promote the highest standards of practice, education, and training within the profession
- To establish a dedicated forum for scientific and technical communications between members
- To provide information on the diagnosis of respiratory disease to patients, their families and friends
- To facilitate dialogue and discussion with other professional associations and societies with common interests
- To represent our members interests in employment and related areas
The website is available to members of the public to provide basic information about respiratory disease and the pulmonary function tests used to investigate them. A private section for registered members only provides a wide of clinical, scientific and technical resources.
We welcome suggestions from members and non-members alike that willl help us to improve and add to the website in the future.